150 people evacuated when carbon monoxide fills Patchogue apartment complex

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 05:00AM
WABC
PATCHOGUE, Long Island - At least 150 people were forced to flee when a malfunctioning boiler filled their Long Island apartment building with potentially deadly carbon monoxide.

Patchogue firefighters first went to the Mapletree Apartments for a call about smoky food on a stove.

But as they were wrapping up that problem, the building's carbon monoxide detectors all went off.

The building was evacuated.

The Red Cross helped make arrangements for residents while National Grid worked on the problem.
(Copyright ©2017 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
Outbrain