• WEATHER ALERT Severe Thunderstorm Watch

Young child dies from choking on plastic

Was pronounced dead at Jacobi Hospital
April 22, 2008 9:36:05 AM PDT
A five-year-old boy died apparently from choking on a plastic object inside his Bronx home. The boy was discovered unconscious and unresponsive inside 2912 Morris Avenue just before 7:15 a.m. this morning. He was pronounced dead at Jacobi Hospital.

Authorities believe the boy may have chocked on a plastic object that appears to have come out of a gumball machine.

Because there is a prior history of domestic violence in the household, the boy's family members were questioned. However, the stories offered by various family members and guardians during interviews were consistent.

Markings on the boy originally believed to be signs of bruising were later determined to be dirt.


Load Comments