Sanitation workers burned by unknown chemical

July 8, 2008 8:10:58 AM PDT
Two sanitation workers were treated after being exposed to an unknown chemical in Queens. Eyewitness News is told the workers were exposed while on 166th Street, near Linden Boulevard, just after 9:30 a.m. this morning.

They were apparently exposed to a chemical thrown in with the trash, possibly some kind of acid.

Officials say they sustained non-life threatening burns and were taken to Jamaica Hospital.

Authorities closed a block of 166th Street as they treated the workers.