Woman dies after eating mushrooms

July 16, 2008 10:00:01 AM PDT
Westchester County health officials say a White Plains woman died after eating poisonous wild mushrooms. Zoila Tapia found the white mushrooms in a wooded area near a rest stop on Interstate 684 on July 6. She ended up in the hospital after eating them and died on Thursday.

The county health department warned against eating any mushrooms found in the wild, since it's hard to tell which ones are safe and which ones aren't.

The state Department of Transportation has cleared the mushrooms from the rest stop in Bedford.


Load Comments