Teen injured drinking liquid nitrogen

August 15, 2008 7:22:15 AM PDT
A gifted 15-year-old student from India had to be rushed to the hospital after drinking liquid nitrogen during a science class at Princeton University. The class was part of a program run by the Summer Institute for the Gifted, based in Stamford, Conn. It isn't affiliated with the university.

The students were performing a popular experiment in which liquid nitrogen is used to make ice cream.

Nitrogen liquefies at negative 328 degrees Fahrenheit -- cold enough to cause burns.

The Summer Institute says the boy was in critical condition and has been upgraded to stable.

----
Click here for more New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Send news photos/videos


Load Comments