Basement barbeque sickens 16

September 8, 2008 9:14:16 PM PDT
Sixteen people, including 7 children, ended up in the hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday night. The incident happened on Kansas Street in Hackensack, New Jersey.

The family was barbequing in the basement of the home, authorities said.

Neighbors called 911 after a second barbeque in the backyard spewed a tremendous amount of smoke.

EMS crews removed the 16 people from the home. They were taken to area hospitals.

The victims were expected to survive, officials said.

----
Click here for more New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Send news photos/videos


Load Comments