Seniors allowed back in center after leak

October 14, 2008 4:28:11 PM PDT
More than 100 patients evacuated from the Care One at Wayne nursing home after a carbon monoxide scare are being permitted to return to the facility. Safety inspectors gave residents at the assisted-living facility the all-clear to return Tuesday afternoon.

Officials say a boiler failed to shut down Monday night and overheated, releasing released carbon monoxide and triggering alarms.

Care One spokesman Tim Hodges said all 110 patients, who were evacuated to other facilities overnight, would be back home by Tuesday evening.

Detective Capt. Paul Ireland of the Wayne Police Department said one of the facility's three boilers is still out of service but is being repaired.

There were no reports of injuries.

----
Click here for New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Twitter Eyewitness News



Load Comments