Fumes force store evacuation

November 1, 2008 3:04:22 PM PDT
Shoppers at a mall in New Jersey got quite a scare. A department store was evacuated because of chemical fumes.

More than one hundred people were forced to leave the Century 21 store inside the Bergen Mall on Saturday morning.

Workers and shoppers said they started to feel sick after smelling the fumes.

About a dozen people were rushed to the hospital.

Other stores in the mall were not evacuated.

No word yet on the source of the fumes.

----
Click here for New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Send news photos/videos
Twitter Eyewitness News || Twitter New York News || Twitter Breaking News



Load Comments