LI family escapes monoxide poisoning

November 3, 2008 3:31:44 PM PST
A family of five is recovering at a Long Island hospital after being sickened with potentially deadly carbon monoxide fumes.A spokesman at Mather Hospital in Port Jefferson says the father was alert enough to drive his family to the hospital. The man and his wife, along with their 12-year-old son and two girls, ages 6 and 8, were being treated Monday in the hospital's hyperbaric chamber.

Hospital spokesman Patrick Regina tells Newsday the family had used their furnace for the first time this fall on Sunday night, and suspicion points to a leak somewhere in the venting system.

----
Click here for New York and Tri-State News

Report a typo || Send a story idea || Send news photos/videos
Follow us on Facebook || Twitter New York News || Twitter Breaking News



Load Comments