Carbon monoxide scare in Brooklyn

February 19, 2009 5:05:11 AM PST
Two people were hospitalized -- one critically -- after a carbon monoxide scare in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. The victims were rescued from 401A Decatur Street just after 3:30 a.m. this morning.

Firefighters reportedly found potentially deadly carbon monoxide readings of 560 parts per million inside the building when they arrived.

Eyewitness News is told a 40-year-old woman was rushed to Interfaith Hospital in critical condition.

The other victim, a 16-year-old boy, was taken to the hospital with less serious injuries.

A neighboring building was briefly evacuated when firefighters took less serious readings of 80 parts per million.

That building was aired out and the 15 residents were let back inside.

A boiler pipe that dislodged from the chimney is suspected of causing the carbon monoxide leak.


NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
SEND TIP OR PHOTO  || REPORT TYPO ||  GET WIDGET

 EYEWITNESS TWITTER ||  FIND US ON FACEBOOK


Load Comments