Suspect in custody in bodega murders

April 1, 2009 8:32:07 PM PDT
An ex-con has been taken into custody for questioning in the Brooklyn bodega murders. Investigators said they were planning to question the level three sex offender in connection with the cold-blooded murder of a father and his son at a deli in Crown Heights last week.

[GET EYEWITNESS NEWS DELIVERED: Click here to sign up]

The NYPD received a tip that the former convict was involved in the double murder last week.

Parole officers picked him up Tuesday afternoon just hours before his parole was set to expire for a drug conviction.

"We've made some progress in identifying who we believe to be one of the perpatrators in the case. We are waiting to question this individual," Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

The suspect collapsed during the arrest. He was being treated at a hospital. Police said the suspect would not be questioned until he recovers.

Two robbers, captured in surveillance video, walked into the bodega demanding money last Wednesday.

They forced Mohammed Mansur Abuzaid and his son, Abdul, down to the basement and shot them to death.


MORE NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
SEND TIP OR PHOTO  || REPORT TYPO ||  GET WIDGET

 EYEWITNESS TWITTER ||  FIND US ON FACEBOOK


Load Comments