Fumes sicken dozens of apartment residents

April 18, 2009 3:46:37 PM PDT
The fumigation of a Bronx grocery store sickened dozens of people. They live in the apartment building above the store at 1579 Watson Avenue.

The fire department and paramedics responded to the scene early Saturday morning in the Soundview section.

More than 40 residents were treated. Three were listed in serious condition.

Crews needed about two hours to fully ventilate the building.


NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
  • VIEWER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

  • REPORT TYPO

  • GET WIDGET

  • EYEWITNESS TWITTER

  • FIND US ON FACEBOOK



  • Load Comments