Man sues hospital over cancer misdiagnosis

May 14, 2009 7:29:35 AM PDT
A suburban New York City man is suing a hospital and three doctors for performing a radical mastectomy on him even though he never had cancer. Personal trainer Scott Aprile says that two weeks after the January surgery, one of the doctors told him his biopsy had been switched with another patient's and he never had cancer.

Nyack Hospital in Rockland County tells the Daily News it "regrets the circumstances leading to the misidentification" and says new preventive measure are in place. The hospital is also calling Aprile's allegations "inflammatory and factually inaccurate."

The 28-year-old Aprile says he's still in pain after having his right breast and three lymph nodes removed and doesn't know if he can go back to work.


NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS

USEFUL LINKS:
  • VIEWER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS

  • REPORT TYPO

  • GET WIDGET

  • EYEWITNESS TWITTER

  • FIND US ON FACEBOOK



  • Load Comments