How to check some fitness barometers important to injury prevention:
1. Shoulder tightness-(towel stretch) important for your shoulders to be stable for sports like tennis, biking, baseball, etc
2. Balance-(stand on one leg then try it with eyes closed) as you age, it's important to keep your balance sharp
3. Leg strength-(kneeling lean) it's important to focus to keep your hamstrings strong
4. Hamstring tightness-(lie on back and pull other knee into chest) you need to make sure you strengthen your hamstrings, not just stretch them
5. Flexibility-(sit and reach test)
6. Core strength and back strength-(Plank and cobra)
Everyone in prime condition should be able to walk six blocks in five minutes.
A 30-year-old woman should be able to do 45 bent-leg push-ups. The average 30-year-old man should be able to do 35 regular pushups (and five fewer every following decade of his life).
To learn more about Penny Hoff, visit http://newhiptips.com.
NEW YORK AND TRI-STATE AREA NEWS
MORE WEEKEND || REPORT TYPO || GET WIDGET
EYEWITNESS TWITTER || FIND US ON FACEBOOK