Mayor Kathleen Savolt says that the Sheldrake and Mamaroneck rivers rose past their banks on Thursday. The forecast is for more rain this weekend.
Officials say the limited state of emergency declaration is just a precaution.
The National Weather Service has declared a flood watch for much of the county.
Information from: The Journal News, http://www.thejournalnews.com
- BLOG: Lee Goldberg's Blog or bust
- CHAT: Chat weather with Bill Evans
- RADAR: Check AccuTrack radar
- SEND: Your photos and videos
- GET IT DELIVERED:Get AccuWeather emailed to you every day!