• WEATHER ALERT Winter Weather Advisory

Two rescued from condo fire in Brooklyn

December 23, 2009 3:29:14 PM PST
A father and his daughter were rescued from an apartment fire in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. The fire broke out in the top floor of the condominum at 392 Third Street just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.

Fire was shooting out the windows when firefighters arrived. They pulled a man out of the fire with injuries, including serious burns. He was in critical condition at the burn unit at New York Presbyterian Hospital.

His daughter, who was visiting, sustained less serious injuries and was taken to Methodist Hospital.

Firefighters had to battle the fire and the weather to put out the blaze. The fire appears to be caused by an overloaded power strip.

Six families were left homeless.


Load Comments