It happened along Edgegrove Avenue in the Annadale section.
This fire was unbelievable and now all that's left is a pile of rubble.
The home was not occupied when it burned down early this Christmas morning, before spreading to the occupied home next door. There was a child in the neighboring house.
One neighbor captured the dramatic blaze on video.
The video shows the flames shooting out of the vacant home as it burned quickly, before firefighters could even arrive.
It is unclear how the fire started.
Firefighters say this could possibly be arson because of how quickly the fire burned and the intensity of it.
"I saw the flames and I was hoping there was no one in the house, that would be terrible. They said they had to evacuate the family from next door. I didn't know that there was a little baby in there, so I started crying. It's sad, never mind your house burns down, but on Christmas," said one eyewitness.
The child in the house where the fire spread to was 6-months old.
Thankfully the family got out with no injuries.
Firefighters continue to investigate how this fire started.
WEB PRODUCED BY: Lakisha Bostick