Dog shocked in Elizabeth

April 23, 2010 2:54:10 PM PDT
A New Jersey man got quite a scare this week when his dog was shocked while walking on a sidewalk in Elizabeth. Roosevelt Knight says there was a live wire on the pavement where his 7-month-old Newfoundland was walking.

The dog stepped on it and was immediately shocked.

"If I didn't drag him off of it, there's no way he would have survived it," said Knight.

Friday night, Arbeetis the dog is doing better.

PSE&G went to check the area where the incident happened.

They say the wires are taped down, insulated, and safe.


Load Comments