• WEATHER ALERT Winter Weather Advisory

Charges dropped in Buffalo shooting that killed 4

Crimes scene tape, in the foreground, is stretched across windows that were broken in a train terminal across the street from the scene of a multiple fatal shooting in front of the City Grill bar and restaurant in Buffalo, N.Y., Saturday, Aug. 14, 2010. (AP Photo/ David Duprey)

August 16, 2010 4:09:42 AM PDT
The chief prosecutor in Buffalo got a judge to dismiss murder charges against a man who had been accused of opening fire outside a downtown Buffalo restaurant, killing four people and wounding four others.

Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita says photo evidence and witness statements do not back up the charges against 25-year-old Keith Johnson, of Buffalo.

Johnson had been charged with four counts of second-degree murder in the shootings outside City Grill early Saturday. The charges were dismissed Sunday morning.

Johnson is still being held on a parole violation and could be rearrested if authorities change their minds.

Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda says there was plenty of evidence to charge Johnson, including witnesses who identified Johnson by name.


Load Comments