The home was completely engulfed in a blaze that was not survivable.
Around 2:30 Saturday morning, residents of Croydon Lane in Bellmore were awakened to a horrible scene.
By the time firefighters arrived, flames were shooting out of every window of the two-story house.
There was no way to even attempt saving 42-year-old KerryAnn Dudley, who was found in an upstairs bedroom.
Dudley was recently divorced.
Her two children were not at home at the time of the fire.
It took more than 100 firefighters from several communities two hours to bring the flames under control.
Preliminary findings indicate a lit cigarette on an outside deck may have sparked the fire, which likely burned for some time before igniting the inside of the house.