Garage explosion seriously burns man

August 29, 2010 3:42:14 PM PDT
A Long Island man is hospitalized with serious burns after getting caught in an explosion that destroyed his garage.

It happened in Baldwin around Noon Sunday.

Police say 52-year-old Steven Haber was working in the detached garage at the time of the explosion.

Witnesses say the fire from the explosion burned a significant percentage of Haber's body.

Paramedics rushed him to the hospital.

His son and wife were treated at the scene for minor burns.


Load Comments