Judge in deadly home invasion trial out of hospital

This inmate photo released by the Connecticut Department of Correction shows Steven Hayes, convicted of killing Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters during a home invasion in Cheshire, Conn., in 2007. ((AP Photo/Connecticut Department of Correction))

September 20, 2010 12:46:19 PM PDT
The Connecticut judge presiding at the trial of a man charged in a deadly home invasion has been discharged from the hospital.

Yale-New Haven Hospital spokesman Mark D'Antonio says 61-year-old Judge Jon Blue was released Monday.

The trial of Steven Hayes, which began last week, is scheduled to resume Wednesday in New Haven Superior Court. He and another man are charged in the killings of Jennifer Hawke-Petit and her two daughters at their Cheshire home in 2007.

Another judge told prosecutors and defense lawyers in court Monday that Blue is feeling "very well," was undergoing testing and expects to return to court Wednesday.

Despite the delay, the victims' family issued a statement saying they remained encouraged by the progress being made in the case and are confident justice will prevail.


Load Comments