6 teens hospitalized in LI carbon monoxide scare

September 21, 2010 4:10:35 AM PDT
High levels of carbon monoxide sent six teenagers to the hospital on Long Island Tuesday morning.

The Middle Island Fire Department was called to a home on Cliffwood Lane after carbon monoxide detectors went off overnight.

It happened just after 1 a.m. It appears an oil burner caused high levels of the gas to fill the home.

That burner was shut down and is being repaired.

The six teens were taken to Mather Memorial Hospital for treatment.


Load Comments