800 evacuated from NJ cosmetics company

The News Leader

October 15, 2010 7:00:47 AM PDT
Police say high levels of carbon monoxide forced about 800 employees from a cosmetics company's building in New Jersey.

Five employees at Cosmetics Essence in Holmdel left the building feeling sick and went to a nearby First Aid station seeking treatment on Thursday.

Firefighters entered the building and discovered a high carbon monoxide reading.

Three people were taken to hospitals as a precaution.

Police tell the Asbury Park Press roof work was taking place at the time, but the source of the carbon monoxide readings is still under investigation.


Load Comments