As workers boarded up the burned out walls and windows at 451 east 7th street, 10-year-old Humzah Gasin shared the crystal-clear instructions he gave his father during this morning's 3-alarm fire inside their home.
"I told him, just push me. He said, wait, you might fall more. I just told him, push! And he pushed me down," he said.
His father was just happy they survived. "Thank God I saved them and I saved their lives. Everybody is ok," said Muhammad Gasin.
Investigators aren't sure what sparked the fire but they do not consider it suspicious. Qasim however believes a cigarette or something thrown between his home and the neighboring building may have ignited the flames that trapped him and his family on the second floor.
"I was trying to get out of the house but the fire was coming up and there was no way to get out," said Aamanah Tahnit. "There was only one window and I opened it and I just jumped out the window," she adds.
After Tahnit and her brothers escaped, firefighters entered the home to rescue the kid's parents. Everyone made it out alive.
Some suffered some minor injuries; all endured a harrowing experience they will never forget.