Carbon monoxide leaves 14 Conn. residents ill

December 19, 2010 11:59:08 AM PST
Connecticut officials are advising homeowners to get carbon monoxide detectors after two dangerous incidents over the weekend.

Officials say five people were taken to Hartford Hospital on Sunday morning after becoming ill at a Manchester home. Tests found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide caused by a furnace problem.

On Saturday, nine residents of a New Haven home were treated at area hospitals for exposure to the colorless, odorless gas. A furnace problem was pinpointed as the cause of that leak, too.

Information was not immediately available Sunday on the conditions of any of the affected people, but authorities say they were found and treated before the carbon monoxide exposure became life-threatening.

---
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.


Load Comments