Carbon monoxide scare at LI nursing home

January 15, 2011 3:22:10 PM PST
A carbon monoxide scare at a nursing home on Long Island forced seniors out in the cold.

Some residents of General Macarthur Senior Village in Hempstead were wheeled out into the sub-freezing air early Saturday morning.

That's when a carbon monoxide alarm went off.

Five residents were taken to Nassau County Medical Center as a precaution.

Police say a leak in the facility's heating system set off the alarm.

No one was injured and that leak is now fixed.

Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.

Load Comments