Police: LI elderly couple killed by carbon monoxide

February 18, 2011 3:41:47 AM PST
Investigators believe an elderly couple found dead in their Long Island home were killed by carbon monoxide.

Joseph and Catherine Hayes, both in their 80s, were discovered dead Thursday afternoon in separate upstairs bedrooms at their Garden City home.

Their garage was filled with exhaust fumes from a car, which police think was left running accidentally.

It is believed carbon monoxide fumes filled the home, poisoning the couple.

Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.

Load Comments