Husband questioned in missing mom's murder

Tina Adovasio, 40, of Edison Avenue in the Bronx has been missing since Friday, March 11. She is described 5'05" tall, 135 pounds with a slim build. She was last seen wearing a black jacket, blue jeans and a pair of "UGG" boots.

March 17, 2011 2:28:28 PM PDT
Eddie Coello voluntarily walked into the 45th precinct in the Bronx Thursday morning for a talk with homicide detectives.

"He's not being charged, not at this time," his attorney, Renee Hill, said.

The body of his wife, Tina Adovasio, was found by kids riding ATV's in a wooded area near the Taconic State Parkway in Yorktown just before 6:00 Wednesday evening. The Medical Examiner says she was strangled.

Police called Coello a person of interest, asking him to come and talk to them again.

"He was asked to provide a DNA sample. He refused. Asked if he would look at pictures, he refused," NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

Her ex-husband, Joe Adovasio, helped police identify the body by telling them about a Sunburst tattoo on her ankle.

Darla: "Do you think he did this?"
Joe Adovasio: "Without a doubt, without a doubt. Look at his history."
Darla: "Tell us what you know about any abuse that happened?"
Joe: "She was very quiet about I this. She and the children feared for their lives."

Coello, a former NYPD officer, has a history of domestic violence against the 40 year old mother of four, official sources have said.

"I seen her when she came to me. When she was beaten up," Joe Adovasio said.

Sources say Adovasio had begun divorce proceedings. She also had an order of protection.

"She confided in me with certain things and it's because she's my friend. And I did see bruises,. But I never judge," friend Margot Paladines said.

When Tina did not answer a text message and went missing, her close friend and others became very concerned.

"I was hoping for us to find her alive," Paladines said.

Adovasio was last seen at her home on Edison Avenue in the Bronx around 9:00 Friday night.

Coello didn't acknowledge the allegations or say a word as he walked out of the precinct 20 minutes later with his attorneys.

"As far as I know, the kids are fine and I hope that they remain that way. My condolences go out to the family and that's I can say right now," Hill said.