Toddler dies; electrical cord blamed

July 9, 2011 3:30:08 PM PDT
Police on Long Island are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl who became entangled by an electrical cord of an air conditioner.

Little Malana Ingram was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead just before 1 p.m. Saturday.

Police say the child got entangled in the cord, which was attached to an air conditioner about six feet off the ground at her home in Greenlawn. She was found by a family member.

Both family members and police performed CPR on the child before she taken to Huntington hospital.

Load Comments