The blaze broke out inside the Shepard Avenue home in Teaneck just before 6:30 a.m.
Neighbors reported that an elderly couple, believed to be in their 80s, was trapped in the burning building. The wife reportedly has diabetes and both of her legs had been amputated.
Firefighters were unable to rescue the residents, and they were pronounced dead.
Along with the elderly couple, their adult son also lives in the house. But he was reportedly out of town.
The fire may have been fueled by oxygen bottles.