One dead, four hurt in overnight fire in Queens

November 18, 2011 6:30:06 PM PST
A resident died in a fire that tore through two homes in the Woodside section of Queens early Friday.

The blaze broke out in one house on 61st Street just before 1:30 a.m. and quickly spread to another.

Firefighters battling the flames found one resident dead inside one of the homes.

Four other residents were hurt, including one man who jumped out the second floor window to safety.

He injured was treated for non life-threatening injuries.

Firefighters got the fire under control after about two hours.

The cause of the fire was ruled to be accidental and started in the electrical wiring in the walls.