Sources: Cigarette led to Brooklyn house fire

November 25, 2011 6:30:26 PM PST
An infant and a woman suffered critical injuries when fire tore through a row house in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn. The FDNY says they got a 911 call about the blaze on President Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues about 12:17 p.m. Thursday.

The fire burned through the upper floors of the brownstone.

Sources tell Eyewitness News investigators believe the fire was caused by someone throwing a cigarette on a mattress.

An 8-month old girl was pulled unconscious from the fire and taken to New York Methodist Hospital in critical condition.

Officials said adult woman who jumped from the three story brownstone was also taken to the hospital in critical condition.

Two other people with burns were taken in serious condition to another hospital. A firefighter suffered minor injuries.

None of the victims have been identified.