Four schools will close in Nassau County and two in Suffolk County at the end of the school year.
Five other schools have been told they need to improve.
The Diocese will be issuing more details on Wednesday.
1) St. John Baptist De LaSalle Regional School in Farmingdale
2) St. Catherine of Sienna School in Franklin Square
3) St. Ignatius Loyola School in Hicksville
4) Sacred Heart School in North Merrick
5) Prince of Peace Regional School in Sayville
6) Our Lady of Perpetual Help School in Lindenhurst
A letter from Bishop Murphy is posted on the Diocese website at www.drvc.org.