Residents allowed back after Bronx fire

January 5, 2012 5:54:27 PM PST
Residents were forced out of their Bronx apartment for several hours Thursday evening due to a fire.

The fire created unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.

The fire broke out around 5 p.m. and the Morris Park building was evacuated.

The readings have since returned to save levels and the residents were allowed to return home by nightfall.

No injuries were reported.

The fire started in a basement electrical panel.

Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts