12 people treated after Bronx carbon monoxide scare

January 16, 2012 9:17:00 AM PST
High levels of carbon monoxide forced the evacuation of an apartment building in the Fordham section of the Bronx Monday.

Nearly 100 residents were temporarily evacuated from the Valentine Avenue building after 5:30 a.m. Carbon monoxide levels exceeding 300 parts per million seeped through the structure.

Twelve of the residents were treated at Jacobi Medical Center for exposure. Their injuries were not considered life threatening.

Many of the others were put on city buses to keep warm.

The carbon monoxide may have come from a store attached to the apartment building. The levels dropped after building's windows were opened.

Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts

Load Comments