NYC boy dies after methadone mistaken for cold meds

February 3, 2012 1:28:03 PM PST
A Bronx woman has been arrested after her 6-year-old son died from methadone she had stored in a bottle of cold medicine.

The NYPD charged Raquel DeLeon with reckless endangerment on Thursday.

The child, Carlos Rios Jr., was pronounced dead at a hospital Monday.

Police say on Saturday his father gave him half a tablespoon of what he thought was cold medicine.

DeLeon reportedly told police she had a prescription for the methadone.

Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts