Here are some recipes that were featured on this week's Neighborhood Eats. Recipes
Slow Roasted Duck Hash (LIC Market) 4 Servings
1. Start by heating a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot add the oil & diced potatoes. Let the potatoes start to brown before you move them. As each side of the potatoes starts to brown toss the pan to get even color.
2. Add the onions & peppers and sauté for about 2-3 minutes just until the peppers & onions soften.
3. Add the duck meat & sauté for 2-3 minutes until the duck meat is just crispy on the outside.
4. Add the pine nuts, dried cherries & parsley. Sauté for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
5. Finish the hash by topping with two fried eggs.
Slow Roasted Duck Legs 4 Servings
1. Start by rubbing the duck legs with the fresh thyme. This will infuse a subtle savory flavor. Season with salt & pepper, drizzle with olive oil.
2. Lay the onions & carrots on the bottom of a roasting pan. Season the vegetables with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place the duck legs on top of the vegetables & cover with aluminum foil.
4. Place the duck in a preheated 350F oven for 2 ½ hours.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered