Brooklyn bar owner sues city over raid

August 16, 2012 6:03:58 AM PDT
A Brooklyn bar owner is suing New York City, claiming police destroyed thousands of dollars worth of alcohol in a prohibition-style raid.

The owner of Coco 66 says last year, police entered the Greenpoint business, ordered everyone out and dumped all the alcohol down the drain.

He says he bounced a check to the State Liquor Authority for another bar, but he had up to 10 days to correct the error.

The city has not commented on the lawsuit.

WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.

Get Eyewitness News Delivered

Facebook | Twitter | Newsletters | Text Alerts

Load Comments