The flames broke out on the first floor of the home on Seventh Avenue and quickly spread to the second floor.
Firefighters got to the scene about 7:30 p.m., and it more than three hours to get the blaze under control.
No injuries were reported, but officials say a dozen caged pit bulls died.
The Red Cross says it is helping the multi-generation family of nine adults and two teenagers find shelter.
Officials believe the fire was sparked when alcohol and a dirt bike mixed. One of the residents, a 13-year-old boy, drove the dirt bike into the house. Then, alcohol was reportedly spilled onto the bike, setting a bed on fire.
It is suspected that the pit bulls were being bred. Another dogs survived.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered