Here are 7 things to know if you get the flu:
1. Avoid contact with other people except to get medical care
2. Contact your health care provider (doctor, physician's assistant, etc.).
3. CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other things you have to do and no one else can do for you.
4. You should stay home from work, school, travel, shopping, social events, and public gatherings.
5. Getting plenty of bed rest, drinking plenty of fluids, and proper nutrition can also help reduce the severity of your illness. Restrict your activity levels until the symptoms have disappeared.
6. Wash your hands often to keep from spreading flu to others.
7. You should not go to the emergency room if you are only mildly ill. If you have the emergency warning signs of flu sickness, you should go to the emergency room
Get Eyewitness News Delivered