2. Search your own name and, if applicable, search your maiden name(s).
3. Start the search by inputting your last name, with only your first initial. Your first name might spelled incorrectly or differently.
4. Search the database for relatives or friends, alive or dead.
5. Gather documentation (social security number(s) of the person, proof of former addresses, or copies of wills or trust documents).
6. If you've lived in other states, go on: www.unclaimed.org to find if you have money there.
7. Input and search businesses you or your family members may have been affiliated with.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered