Haveli is a term used to describe a mansion in the Indian sub continent where the nobles, high priests, landlords and the affluent would live and entertain their guests .
The menu by Tuhin Dutta references the royal lifestyle as well.
So while you'll see more typical dishes like Tandoori, Tikka Masala and Madras, there are unexpected items like the Chandon Kebab.
You can learn more about Haveli on the restaurants website at havelinewyork.com.
Double OR single ground Lamb - 1 lb
Cumin Powder- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon
Fresh ginger and garlic paste - 2 tablespoons.
Salt - To taste.
Red chili powder - 1/2 tablespoon.
Sandalwood oil.- 1 drop.
Charcoal On fire -1 pc
OR smoking liquor -1 teaspoon.
Hot Clarified Butter- 1 tablespoon
1. Assemble all ingredients of section A.
2. In the mixing tray make a bay with the meat and put the Hot charcoal.
3. Pour the hot clarified butter on the charcoal and cover the mixing vessel for 1/2 an hour.
4. IF YOU DON'T HAVE CHARCOAL USE SOME SMOKING LIQUOR.
5. Make small patties and pan sauté till done.
6. Serve with Raita, Mint Chutney or any dipping sauce of your choice.
Serves 6 people