Dozens overcome with carbon monoxide at Long Island supermarket

May 31, 2013 2:10:01 PM PDT
At least 18 people were transported to a Long Island hospital and 12 others treated at the scene after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected inside a Franklin Square supermarket. According to police the incident took place at the Best Yet Market on Dogwood Ave. They responded to the scene for a report of a foul odor and when the arrived they found the victims suffering from headaches, dizziness and nausea.

When the Franklin Square Fire Department arrived, they detected elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The investigation is continuing.