1) Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge will deliver he baby at the private Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital in London where Diana gave birth to William and Harry.
2) Kate is expected to have a natural birth at the private suites of the Lindo Wing in St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, next month.
3) Despite months of speculation, she and Prince William have chosen not to find out the gender of their first child in advance of its arrival.
4) The birth notice will be placed on an easel after being escorted to Buckingham Palace and will confirm time of birth, weight, and gender of Kate's baby
5) It is understood that Prince William will take two weeks' paternity leave, as allowed by the Ministry of Defense - but Royal officials said the length of the Duchess's maternity leave is a personal matter for her.
6) Prince William, like his father, plans to be by his wife's side. Prince Philip was playing squash when his eldest son came into the world.
7) The name of the child, who will be third in line to the throne remains a subject for speculation. It is not yet known how long after the birth an announcement will be made.