Garage fire spews smoke throughout United Nations in Midtown

August 23, 2013 3:42:42 AM PDT
A garage fire at the United Nations in Midtown spewed smoke through the building early Friday.

The fire apparently started in an electrical panel in the basement garage just after 12:30 a.m.

Heavy smoke spread throughout the first floor of the building.

The flames were quickly put out, and there were no injuries.

The fire started in the panel that controls a freight elevator between the garage and first floor.