Deadly Queens Village fire ruled accidental

October 21, 2013 12:54:05 PM PDT
The FDNY says a fire on Sunday afternoon that killed man in a Queens Village house was accidental, caused by electrical wiring in the basement.

The blaze broke out inside a house on Springfield Boulevard.

Firefighters pulled out a man who was trapped in the attic. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.

Fire officials say there were no working smoke detectors in the home.

Another man inside the home who jumped out of a window to escape the flames suffered non-life threatening injuries.