The city parks department is urging people to 'Tree-cycle' at this weekend's 18th annual Mulchfest.
There are dozens of places to drop off Christmas trees throughout the city.
Those trees will then go through the woodchipper, to be used as mulch for growing trees in all five boroughs.
Over 80 locations will be open Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The locations include:
· Bronx: Metropolitan Oval Parkchester, Metropolitan Ave and Unionport Road
· Brooklyn: Prospect Park, Third Street at Prospect Park West
· Manhattan: Tompkins Square Park, East 7th Street between Avenues A & B
· Queens: Cunningham Park, parking lot at 196th Street
· Staten Island: Clove Lakes Park, Cheshire Place and Clove Road
For more information and a complete list of MulchFest locations, visit http://www.nyc.gov/parks and search for "MulchFest'.