Gas leak causes explosion and fire in Brooklyn home

EMBED </>More Videos

4 people were injured in a fire in Brooklyn Saturday morning.

Authorities say it was an explosion triggered by a natural gas leak that sparked a house fire in Brooklyn Saturday.

The blast occurred when someone inside turned on a light switch.

The FDNY received a call at 8:18 a.m. for a fire in a two-story multi-family house at 151 Bay 49th Street in the Gravesend section.

The fire was quickly placed under control at 8:31 a.m.

One person suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Staten Island University Hospital North.

Three people were attended to at the scene.

----------
* More Brooklyn news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

Related Topics:
firenatural gasBrooklynGravesendNew York City
(Copyright ©2018 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)