4 hospitalized after high carbon monoxide reading at Union City home

EMBED </>More News Videos

Lucy Yang reports from Union, New Jersey.

Four people and two police officers were taken to the hospital after a high carbon monoxide reading at a home in New Jersey.

Police responded to a home on Palisade Avenue in Union City at around 8:30 p.m.

The four people and officers are all expected to be OK.

Two members of one family came home and found two other members of the family passed out and called 911.

The levels were dangerously high inside the home.

Officials say if the family members didn't return home when they did, the victims would have likely died.

There were no carbon monoxide detectors inside the building.

Related Topics:
newscarbon monoxidenew jersey newsUnion City
(Copyright ©2016 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments